Retirement Focus Academy (RFA) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3a). We respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting it. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may be asked to provide when you visit the website www.RetirementFocusAcademy.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile applications, if any, and desktop applications you download through or from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you provide it to one of our RFA’s phone operators in order to register for a course or to be placed on a notification list when additional courses become available.
This policy also applies to information you submit through RFA’s social media accounts, but it only applies to RFA’s use and treatment of the information following our receipt of such information. Except as noted above, it does not apply to information that we collect offline or through any other means, nor does it apply to information you provide to or is collected by any third party, including any other website operated by a third party or any of our affiliates.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- That is about you but does not identify you individually, such as your opinion regarding the value of current RFA activities and your recommendations regarding future possibilities.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through the Website, but only for the specific internal purposes described in this policy. Although you may be asked to provide your credit card information if you choose to register for any of our educational classes, RFA does not collect, store or have access to that information. Instead, your information is submitted through a direct gateway to a trusted third-party merchant that specializes in the collection, processing and safekeeping of credit card numbers and other financial data.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on our Website, including indicating your interest in RFA educational classes, registering yourself or your family members for classes or requesting further services.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders or class registrations. Although RFA will not retain your credit card information, we will retain certain transaction details to verify your registration, such as time, date, amount and completion of payment.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers) if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Automatic Information Collection
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic and usage data as well as which Website resources you access and use most frequently.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. The statistical data helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, speed up your searches and recognize you when you return to our Website. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Analytics tools. Analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook Analytics may be used to collect aggregate information about users of our Website to measure their interest in, and use of, various aspects of the Website. If we employ analytics tools, we will be relying on aggregate information such as statistical and navigational information, which does not identify you.
The Website may include links to third-party websites and applications, including RFA’s social media accounts to which we may post information about our courses or organization. These platforms and any information that the third-party owners or operators of these platforms collect during your access or use thereof is subject to the privacy policies and practices of the third-party owners and operators. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including personal information, to finalize your registration for the RFA class(es) you select.
The aggregated website usage information we collect helps us to improve our Website and deliver a better, more personalized experience.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information (which does not identify any individual) without restriction. An example of such aggregated non-identifiable information sharing would be from us to our Website developers so that they can help us determine what changes, if any, to our current platform may benefit our users. We will never share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes without your prior written consent. Subject to the following limited exceptions, we will never disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to any third parties or our affiliates for any purpose.
Use of Website by Minors
Our Website is intended for adults planning for retirement or already enjoying their retirement and is not intended for minors of any age. No minors may provide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors of any age. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a minor without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
Because we already have policies in place to ensure that we do not and will not collect, share or use your personal information for any third-party advertising or marketing services and do not provide access to such information to any non-agent third parties, the possibilities to further limit or control the collection or use of your personal information are limited.
Promotional Offers from RFA
If you do not wish to have your contact information used by RFA to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. Note that if you subsequently register for an RFA class or submit a request to be notified about future classes or services, then your prior opt-out request will no longer apply to that information and, if desired, you must make a new request to opt out.
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Retirement Focus Academy, 1240 Winnowing Way, Suite 102, Mount Pleasant, SC 29466.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Requests to review, change, correct or delete your personal information can be sent to us by email at email@example.com. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Retirement Focus Academy
1240 Winnowing Way
Mount Pleasant, SC 29466